Sunday, July 23, 2006
[*f.Ai.tH*] ...Lately, especially this week, my faith has been put to the test. Even as i'm blogging this entry, my faith is being tested. Too many things that i did not hope for, happened this week. One of my greatest fear happened when i least expected. Currently, life holds much uncertainty for me. I feel great amount of fear when I'm alone, but I know that i have my God with me, and He will take care of things, as long as I have faith.
This week has been of a great challenge for me. Monday was fine, on tuesday, the choir had to be present at St. Ignasius Church for the Council investiture. It also happened to be the last day that I will ride on my daddy's car. That night, I reached home at about 9 + p.m. and was feeling very tired. On wednesday, we had choir and on thursday, a group of us went over to James's house to do the recording which Mr Toh wanted. On friday, there was choir, met Yan Peng for dinner at Junction 8 and was late for Youth Fellowship.
On the way to Church, I decided to drop by my home to empty the heavy contents of my bag. Thank God that He watches over this family, because the timing that I went home would have made a difference to my mother's life. You see, when I went home, I kinda distubed my mother by asking her questions and she was also busy with talking to Yan Peng who was outside the house waiting for me to empty my bag. Due to our timely presence, my mother did not get hit by the fan blade as she went into the balcony a split second later because of us being distraction to her. So thank God for His protection over this family.
However, my daddy got into an accident yesterday. That's why it was my last time taking his car on tuesday night. He didn't get hurt but some old man who appeared out of nowhere did. You see, this old man jaywalked. There was an overhead bridge some 20m to 30m away and a traffic light some 100m to 200m away. But no, he had to jaywalk and cause an accident. Now my daddy is in trouble thanks to him and thanks to Singapore's traffic law. He has to pay a fine thanks to someone else's negligence and risk getting his driving license suspended. How fair is that?
But there's no point getting all upset over this since it has already happened. Now, my daddy has to sell off his car and depending on the old man, if he recovers (which I hope he does), my daddy will just have to pay a fine but will still be able to drive after 3 to 6 months. But, if something bad happens to the old man, my daddy will not be able to drive again. Either way, the car still have to go whether we like or not.
My faith is really tested this time round, so please, all those of you who read this, please pray for my daddy and for the old man to get well. My daddy really cannot afford to loose his driving license and more importantly, it wasn't even his fault that this accident happened. I really wish something happened to me in place of my father getting into an accident, but I guess some things are beyond our control and God has a reason for letting this happened.
I'll just need to have faith in God. Pray for my daddy and the old man. The safety of my family and for everyone to be happy.
Love,
Cheryn.
P.S. Dear God, please remind me that there's nothing in this world that You and I can't handle together. That faith is all I need for You to answer this prayer, for my daddy to be able to drive again and for the old man to get well and healthy too. There is nothing else we can do, it's beyond our control. All we can do is just to pray and have faith in You. So God, please answer this prayer. Amen.
posted at 7/23/2006 08:17:00 pm